What Is Domain Authority (DA) And How To Increase It?
Domain Authority ::
When I first came in this blogging platforms, I never heard of anything like Domain Authority. I never knew like this even exists. But once I came read it somewhere and searched on Google, I read some of the articles about this and still this topic was not clear to me. But after some initial researches I found out it’s important, it’s important to rank high on search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Then I searched it on Wikipedia as well, You can also take a loot at that if you feel like.
After that the concept was almost clear to me. Yes I said “almost”, because I Still had a lot of things to learn about that. And today I know most of it, So i decided to share it with you. In this post i will share only 2 things that every websmaster needs. And those 2 things will be What Is DA? And How To Improve It?
So let’s get started,
What Is Domain Authority?
In simple words, Domain Authority is a metric which was created by Moz to rate a website on a scale of 1-100, while 100 being the best and 1 being the worst. So the higher the Domain Authority (DA) of a website, the higher it’s ranking in search engines.
So that means if your website’s DA is higher than my website’s DA and we both share the same thing, your post will rank higher than me on search engines.
It’s so simple, isn’t it?
Yes it is!
How to check Domain Authority?
We do have some options to check our Domain Authority, but Moz’s official website will be the best choice in my opinion.
But being a free user you can have some limitations to use there service. You can sign up for a 30 days of free trial, or buy it if you feel like, but if you are using to your website’s rank only I don’t think you need to buy it, because when I was trying I got 3 URLs to check and then when I entered the 4th one, I got a message saying “Limit Reached for the day”.
And if you are using Chrome or Firefox browser, you can use MozBar extension to check the domain authority and page authority of any webpage.
Must Read :- Basics Of SEO – Complete Guide
So before we see how to Improve it, we need to know what is MozRank and MozTrust?
I will not give definition here, I am not writing any book, I will use simple language so you can understand it batter.
MozRank is a game of links, If you some have good outbound links (Google, wiki etc) on your website/posts you are likely to rank higher. While on the other hand MozTrust is connected to links as well. But the only difference is, when you are linking a good or trusted website and they link you back you will gain some MozTrust. For Example Government websites are usually trusted ones, so if you are linking a government website and that same website is linking you back, you will get MozTrust from Search Engines.
There are some more factors of MozTrust ::
- Linking Websites ::- Always link to quality and trusted websites, and avoid spam or illegal websites as much as you can.
- Domain Age ::- Yes not only for MozTrust but your domain is a huge factor search engines. If your domain name is old, people will recognize you, Search Engines will trust you and you will get a good MozTurst score. Try to keep a single from the start and never change that if you can.
Must Read :- How To Promote Your Website or Blog
How to improve Domain Authority:
If you improving your DA you are improving your search engine ranking as well.
You can do the following things to improve your DA.
- Get More Links Back To Your Site ::- Undoubtedly this is the best method which will work well to improve your DA score. But please make sure you are earning them from a good and quality site site. If you buy backlinks or get backlinks from low quality sites or using any automated method it will not help your DA score, in fact it will do some harm for sure.
- Build Internal Link Structure ::- This is one of the easiest thing you can control. Have you visited any good website recently? If you can remember it then you know that website had a lot of internal links, isn’t it? Yes it works pretty well. Not only it will help you to get some DA points but you will see some dynamic changes on your post views. So try to insert as much internal links as possible on your posts. But again too much sweet is bad for health, so try to limit it, in my opinion 3-4 is good enough. And don’t forget to go back to your old posts and add new links to them if you find a good spot.
- Make Sure Your Domain Name Is Not Expiring Soon ::- It’s not hard thing to do, you just need to invest more. But it’s not that important in my opinion. But if you can afford it I will suggest you to buy it for a long time. Why? Because search engines will know you won’t wrap it up pretty fast, and they will trust you for that.
- Focus At Quality, Not Quantity ::- No matter what’s your niche, quality is the most important part in your blog. In my opinion writing 1 Good post in 2 days is better than writing 2 poor posts in a day. For example, if you don’t like this post on my website, will your remember the name of my website? will you ever come back to see if I posted anything new? The short and simple answer is NO. The answer is same for everyone. Try to earn the trust and respect from your readers. Don’t sell cheap products or Never post anything for money, You know what i mean. This will simply grow your community and good community means you will earn a good DA points.
- Make Your Website Load Faster ::- As we know google has made it an official ranking factor. Now you need to work more if your website is slow, and have to find out the reason and you need to fix it as soon as possible. You can use this link to find out your website’s loading speed. Remember if your website is taking more than 3 seconds to respond, you are in danger. Have to work it out or even change your hosting company if needed.
Those golden days are gone when used your data only to rank your page. Now you have to work really hard to make a good rank at google or other search engines. I know it’s not that easy anymore but it’s not impossible as well. But I am sure after reading this post you know how important DA is, try to find out your day and work on it if it is too low. Good Luck!
I missed something? Please let me know, and I will add it in this post.