What Is Data, Database And More
What Is Data?
Analog vs. Digital data
Types of Data
What is database
How is datas are stored?
- Permanent storage (Hard disk / Hard drive)
- Temporary storage (RAM – Random Access memory).
Types of datas:-
Basic Stages of Data Processing:-
- Input:- In this step, the input datas are prepared in a convenient form for processing. It depends on the form processing machine. For example, when electronic computers are used, the input data is stored in a single medium such as magnetic disks, tapes, or anything else.
- Processing:- In this step, the input data is converted into produce data which is a more useful form. For example, sales orders are viewed to calculate the summary of sales in a company.
- Output:- In this step, the result of the previous processing step is collected. Any particular form of output data depends on how those datas are used. For example, the output data can also contain pay-checks of any employees.
- Collection:- We need to collect datas before inputting it. Datas are collected from different sources, such as to know how many schools are there in a city, all schools have to go. The fact is collected. How many students have more than 50% marks in a class. There is a need to collect the mark sheet of every student to know this information.
- Verification:- Now the next step is Verification, where it is confirmed that the data taken for input is true or false. Like when the result is first verified before doing PUBLISH. You too do verify once before giving a report to anyone.
- Coding:- Coding the datas is done in this step, it means that it is converted into machine form i.e. to convert to Computer Readable Form. Which computer can easily process Input datas.
- Storing:- Now the data entered in the excel or word of the computer. That data is stored in the computer. For this, a storage device is used. When the data is stored in the computer, only the next step is sent for processing.
- Classification:- In this process, datas are classified into groups and subgroups. Which will make it easier to understand the data properly. For example, if we classify the students’ data in college, then the datas of science category will be separated, the data of commerce category will be separated and the data of arts category will be kept separately, which makes datas analysis easy.
- Sorting:- Here the datas are arranged in an organized order. Which will make it easier for us to access the datas. Sorting Order Anything can be Ascending or Descending. It depends on the user how he wants to sort the datas. For example, roll number in class is placed in Alphabetical Order. Marks from Highest mark to lowest mark.
- Calculation:- An arithmetic operation is performed over the data given in the Calculation Process. Like those operations can be any of these sum, average, percentage. Ex-how much are the average marks of students in a class, the ratio of male and female, all of these are covered in the calculation steps. Through this, we get a properly summarized information.
- Summarising:- After performing all the operations given above the input datas, a summarized report is produced. No information is ever given to the management in a company, it is just sent to Sharans. This is because they do not have time for everything and it also saves time. Like doctors, after doing many tests, give a report that this man has this disease. Report card is also a summary of exam result. Perhaps you have understood how data is sent for processing and how it happens.
- Retrieval:- In the future, the output result can be retrieved from Storage Media whenever you want. For example, whenever you want the result of a student’s 7 semester exam, anyone can see the marks of the semester. This process is called Retrieval.
- Conversion:- Output result can be changed in different form. You may have seen that the output result obtained after processing the datas can be seen in any of these forms, such as Output Information – Graph, Flowchart, Chart, Table, Diagram, Report. GRAPH of Population of India, Population growth chart, College time table are all examples of Output result.
- Communication:- Whatever output is generated after processing the datas, it is an information. Which is very important to share, such as to make the information easily available to everyone in news paper. If we talk about the college time table that is printed on the Peon Notice Board. By which all students get this information, this is called communication. The process of sharing the output result is called communication. (Nowadays since the camera has come, sharing is happening as soon as photos are put in the wahtsapp group like time table photo, result, notice)