Install Free SSL Certificate For WordPress
|Free SSL Certificate For WordPress|
Hi, we visit many websites daily. I am sure you do it too. And if you own a website you must install a SSL certificate to your website otherwise you will never rank on google. Google has confirmed it years ago. But why? Why this thing is so important? and how to install SSL certificate to your website. Actually it’s very costly when you buy from websites like godaddy. But there are several websites which are providing it for free. Today I will share this all with you. Why is it important and how to Install Free SSL Certificate?
The SSL Certificate has a fullform Secure Sockets Layer. This technology was created by NETSCAP in the year 1990. It is a security layer that is used in websites and online applications. It encrypts the information you enter and sends it to the server, meaning Encryption between you and the server.
SSL Certificate (Secure Sockets Layer)
The SSL Certificate (Secure Sockets Layer) is an Encryption Protocol used in the Internet. This protocol provides a secure connection between the Internet Browser and the website, allowing the Internet user to securely exchange their private data with another website. In today’s time, almost all websites use SSL Certificate. The SSL Certificate Protocol is used by millions of online business people so that they can privateize the online transactions being done by their customers, so that any kind of Hacker cannot misuse their data.
Websites that use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) have https: // in place of http: // in front of the Domain Name in their website and a lock-like Icon appears indicating that it is Website Secure. If you click on the Icon of the lock that appears in the Address Bar, then the SSL Certification, Identification and all other information of that website is visible from the website of which the user is viewing.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is also known as TLS (Transport Layer Security). It can be used not only in the website but also in email and all other places. If you are running an e-commerce website, then it is very important to use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Because information is taken to make payment from the customer in this type of website.
Benefits of SSL Certificate – Benefits of SSL Certificate
SSL certificate has many advantages such as: –
- All information on your website is encrypted
- Secure website layer increases rank in Google search of Secure website
- The biggest advantage is your website, no hacker can hack.
- This is very important for E commerce website because most of the online payment is made in the ecommerce website.
- Using it causes Alexa Rank Improvement.
- And this increases the trust of the visitors to the website as they feel secure their data.
- If the website’s Sitemap is not submitted, then installing Secure Showcats layer immediately submits the Sitemap.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) should be used in the website for the following reasons-
- Open Zerossl.com
- Click on start
- Enter your domain name (with and without www. Separate both with comma)
- Tick On HTTP verification
- Accept their terms & conditions (after reading it)
- Click On Next
- Now your CSR is generated. Just download that
- Click next again
- Now they will create your Account Key. Download that as well.
- Now you got 2 files to download. Just download them and go to your Cpanel- File Manager
- Create a folder named “webroot”
- Open webroot and create a folder named “.Well-known”
- Open .well-known and create a folder named “acme-challenge”
- Open acme-challenge and upload the 2 files you downloaded from zerossl
- Now go back to zero ssl and click verify or next
- It will be verified if you did it right.
- Now you will get a code just copy that
- Go back to your cpanel and open SSL/TLS and copy your code and ok
- You are done your site will start working on https now.